Things I know for sure...
You can make some screwed up choices in your life, and it can feel like there is no way out, but there is.
It's never too late to wake up.
It's never too late to take a step towards a solution instead of staying stuck in the problem.
The beautiful part of being human is being perfectly imperfect.
35 years ago about now when I was hitting bottom with alcoholism and addiction, I felt hopeless. So grateful someone explained Grace. They said: Grace is the answer!.... It's Undeserved Mercy! In an instant I knew that was exactly what I needed.
I didn't have to get my ducks in a row, and there wasn't a mistake too big for Grace.
I also learned about the insidiousness of Perfectionism, and it's often times behind many addictions, health problems, and mental health struggles.
Here's a great checklist to see if you might be putting too much pressure on yourself or others to live a perfect life.
Found this great article from Forbes Magazine.
How to know if you are a perfectionist.
1. You Expect Perfection From Everyone
2. You Struggle To Complete Tasks In A Timely Manner
3. You View Mistakes As Proof You're Inadequate
4. You Invest A Lot Of Energy Into Masking Your Flaws
5. You Avoid Doing Things That May Cause You To Fail
6. You Can't Celebrate Your Success
7. Your Self-Worth Depends On Your Achievement
8. Your Quest For Perfection Causes Your Mental Health To Deteriorate
9. You Aren't Satisfied With Your Life
Link to Full Article Click Here
Be kind to one another.
Also... When we know better we do better.